The seminar “Presentation of the United Nations World Water Development Report 2017 “Wastewater: The Untapped Resource”, was organized on April 14, 2017, by the Center “Cooperation for Sustainable Development” and Central Asian Regional Water Network CAR@WAN
with the support of UNESCO Cluster Office in Almaty. This similar event which was held a week ago at Almaty, took place in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
The event was attended by 56 representatives from governmental and international organizations, educational and research institutions, as well as NGOs and independent experts.
Video-message from Ms. Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO marked the opening of the World Water Day. During the seminar, the United Nations World Water Development Report 2017 “Wastewater: The Untapped Resource” was also presented to participants. In addition, the following issues were covered:
- Wastewater management in Tajikistan
- Wastewater and public health of the Republic of the Tajikistan
- Water saving in Central Asia
- Tajikistan Water Supply and Sanitation Project – TajWSS
- Training of the qualified specialists for the needs of water supply and water disposal industry
The results of the seminar were summarized by fruitful discussion. For more information, please contact the Network Manager of CAR@WAN.