SaciWATERs Cap-Net Network (SCaN) for South Asia, host Cap-Net regional secretariat as an initiative of UNDP for Global Water Partnership associated programme to build capacity in Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) through international network. Established in 2009, SCaN has grown to strengthen the human and institutional capacity by adopting an integrated approach within water sector in South Asia through education & training; research; knowledge development; advocacy; and networking.
SCaN comprises of autonomous regional and national institutions and individuals committed to build capacity of water professionals across South Asia. The network facilitates members to conduct capacity building programs in IWRM through partnerships; provides platform to share skills, expertise and resources to strengthen and enhance their efforts and impacts in IWRM; and expands multidisciplinary knowledge base in IWRM.
Realizing the enormous demand for capacity building in water sector across the region, SCaN expands its activities to further reach many more institutions and individuals. In 2015, SCaN has identified broad key focus areas applicable in these diverse geographical regions of South Asia through which it intends to involve in:
• Capacity building of professionals, community members, government officials, representatives of decentralized institutions on issues of gender, governance, sustainable water resource management, and climate change within the framework of IWRM,
• Development of training modules/manuals for education and capacity building on IWRM,
• Support educational training programs and fellowships for young professionals to promote interdisciplinary approach on water discourses,
• Promotion of networks and institutional strengthening through engagement of private and public sectors in South Asia.
The key focus areas of SCaN 2015 -2018 are:
• Groundwater management
• Transboundary river management
• Safe Drinking Water
• Sustainable sanitation, health and water management
• Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience Building
• Coastal Management
• Himalayan Water Management
SCaN would like to invite proposals from network partners along with detailed budget and the activity timeframe to be conducted in 2016. The proposed activities shall be within the focus areas of SCaN 2015-2018. The Proposal shall clearly detail out the purpose, need, expected outputs and outcomes.
Network policy ensures all proposed financial support have secured a matching fund either from partner’s on-going activities or from independent funding sources. The matching fund should be 50 percent of total budget for the proposed activity. Interested partners can submit their proposals/concept note to email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission of application is 31st of August 2015.
Interested applicants who have not joined the network are invited to join SCaN. The application form can be filled online at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rCP1uALEgb9DltC0KN8uXfrvIf0Rs5RTrp4R_SZfm2c/viewform or is available as download here: SCaN Membership Form. Additional detail about SCaN is available at: http://saciwaters.org/scan/ ')}