Multi-stakeholder Workshop for the Peri-urban Water Security (CCMCC – COCOON) will take place on the 15 May 2015 at Hyderabad, India. This workshop is a collaborative research project under taken with the award of the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) “Science for Global Development (“WOTRO’) grant under its CoCooN – Conflict and Cooperation in the Management of Climate Change – Integrated Project.
Key project partners include:
- Social and Development Change Group in Wageningen University, Netherlands;
- MetaMeta, a research and consultancy organisation, Netherlands;
- South Asia Consortium for Interdisciplinary Water Resources Studies (SaciWATERs), India;
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), Nepal;
- Institute of Water and Flood Management (IWFM) of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh; and
- Jagrata Juba Shangha (JJS), a non –profit NGO, Bangladesh.
The following objectives of the workshop are:
- To engage with a critical mass of stakeholders on the theme of project and foster dialogue among them on issues of peri urban security in India.
- To set a base for research uptake by sharing preliminary project findings with stakeholders and build a commitment to action.
- To learn and network with other researchers working in this arena.