The Core-Group, which is the decision making body of the Cap-Net Lanka Network, meet on occasions when an agenda is ready for upgrading, analysing etc. of network activities. The group last met in year 2015 and met recently on Friday, 21st July 2017 at the International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Battaramulla, Colombo, Sri Lanka. Ten members and two invitees participated the meeting.
Strategies to continue the activities of Cap-Net Lanka under increasing financial difficulties were discussed at length.
The following suggestions were made by the members:
- Charge the participants for the training program
- Find partners who could bear the cost partly or fully
- Include few more core group members who could bring in sponsorship
- Continue a few selected impact oriented programs for few years to popularise the programmes
- List the expertise available with Cap-Net Lanka on the web page
- Move the web page from the “private web server” to the “PGIA web Server”.
For more information please contact Dr. Pathmarajah. ')}