WaterNet in collaboration with WARFA and GWPSA, jointly convened with the International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS) and the University of Botswana will be organising the 18th WaterNet/WARFSA/GWPSA Symposium on Integrated Water Resources Development and Management. The theme of this symposium is ‘Innovative Technological Advances for Water Security in Eastern and Southern Africa’ and will take place from 25 to 27 October 2017 at Swakopmund Hotel and Entertainment Centre. The main objective of the SADC Research Agenda is to promote evidence-based implementation of SADC water programmes and projects through multi- and inter-disciplinary research, and synthesis of existing and new information, which will lead to a realisation of SADC developmental goals.
The sub-themes of the symposium have been aligned with SADC Research Agenda under the Regional Strategic Action Plan on Integrated Water Resources Development and Management Phase IV.
The following are the sub-themes under which the different presentations will take place:
- Development and Sustainable Implementation of Resilient Water Infrastructure
- Water for Health, Livelihoods and Economic Development
- Water Governance and the Human Right to Water
- Water, Land, Energy and Agriculture
- Surface and Groundwater Resources Management and Urbanisation
- Water, Ecosystems and the Environment