The seminar “Presentation of the United Nations World Water Development Report 2017 “Wastewater: The Untapped Resource”, was organized on April 7, 2017, by the Center “Cooperation for Sustainable Development” and Central Asian Regional Water Network CAR@WAN
with the support of UNESCO Cluster Office in Almaty.
The event was attended by 70 representatives of all interested parties including governmental
and international organizations, educational and research institutions, as well as NGOs
and independent experts.
Video-message from Ms. Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO, was played as an opening on the occasion of World Water Day. During the seminar, the United Nations World Water Development Report 2017 “Wastewater: The Untapped Resource” was presented to participants. In addition, the following issues were also covered during the seminar:
- Regulatory legal acts in the field of sewage in Kazakhstan,
- Presentation of the UN Environment “Global Wastewater Initiative”,
- Wastewater infrastructure of housing and communal services in rural regions,
- The state of wastewater utilization and prospects for the development of wastewater treatment facilities in Kazakhstan, and
- Presentation of the Center “Cooperation for Sustainable Development” initiative “Water-Waste-Energy”
The results of the seminar were summarized by the lively discussion. For more information, you contact the Network Manager. ')}