|Countries covered||Africa and Middle East|
|Network profile||The Arab Integrated Water Resources Management Network |
(AWARENET) is an independent and impartial regional network of research institutes, training centres, government institutions, NGOs and experts active that are engaged in the application of Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) concepts in the Arab region and the development and delivery of IWRM capacity building programs and resource materials.
|Network highlights, achievements||– Serving more than 450 members, including 100 institutions|
– Fostering exchange and engagement in joint activities through thematic working groups on IWRM monitoring, water footprints, water integrity, and climate change.
– Building the capacity of institutions & individuals on IWRM tools
– Delivering training of trainers (ToT) workshops
– Providing e-learning opportunities and discussion forums
– Disseminating information on meetings, publications and events
– Providing opportunities for sponsored and non-sponsored participation in seminars and training activities
– Announcing opportunities for securing grants and applying for positions and consultancies on IWRM-related topics.
|Partnerships||Cap-Net, GWP, ESCWA, SIWI, Integrty Action, Arabian Golf Initiative, Water Sciences and Technology Association, OMAN Water Society, USAID, Union pour la Mediterrannee, EU, IUCN.|