From 18 to 20 June 2020 the Government of Tajikistan will host in cooperation with the United Nations and other partners a Second High-level International Conference on the International Decade for Action “Water for Sustainable Development, 2018-2028” entitled “Catalyzing water action and partnership at the local, national, regional and global levels”. The conference will be co-chaired by the Prime Minister of the Republic of Tajikistan and the United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs.
The Conference will focus on:
- Accelerating the implementation of internationally agreed water-related goals and targets at the regional and national level;
- Promoting science-based solutions and tools, including data, technologies and innovations;
- Improving capacity building, knowledge and education through sharing information and best practices;
- showcasing successful partnerships, advocacy and networking actions by stakeholders at all levels;
- strengthening cooperation at different levels by promoting dialogue, partnership and cross-sectoral approaches.
Discover more: https://dushanbewaterprocess.org/conference/