(Nile IWRM Capacity Building Network)
Burundi, D.R. Congo, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
See all of our members.
Nile IWRMnet is an open network with the purpose to promote scaling up of IWRM knowledge in the Nile Basin countries, and strengthening cooperation in capacity building for IWRM. The objective of the Nile IWRM net is to contribute to the implementation of country capacity building plans, and to the cooperative programme of action between Cap-Net and GWP that supports national IWRM plans and implementation strategies.
Current Network members add to 61 in 10 countries in Nile Region. The counties represented include Burundi, DR Congo, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda. The organizations represented included universities, research institutions, government institutions and non-governmental organizations. The members are from diverse background linking most water related sectors.
- ToT in facilitation skills for IWRM, Kampala Uganda, May. Seven countries participated Uganda, Kenya, Sudan, Burundi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia with 31 participants, (13 f, 18m). Held in collaboration with GWP-EA.
- Institutional Arrangements for Implementation of Integrated Water Resource Management. Short course held in Kenya in May with 28 (8f, 20m) participants from four countries(Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Uganda).
- Training of Trainers course on Economic and Financial Instruments for Integrated Water Resources Management was held at the Institute for Meteorological Training and Research, Nairobi, Kenya from the 26th to 30th November 2007. 27 participants (5f 22m) attended from Ethiopia, Tanzania, Kenya, Burundi, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Uganda. The course was held with support from the EU and in collaboration with GWP-EA.
- Case study of Groundwater management and capacity needs as an aspect of IWRM for the Nile Region.
- Study on the Performance and Capacity of River Basin Organisations: Case study of the Tana River Basin. Part of a series of case studies on River Basin Organisations.
- The Nile IWRM-Net members' meeting was hosted from Oct 20-22 by the Nile IWRM-Net Secretariat in Khartoum in collaboration with the Development Studies and Research Institute of the University of Khartoum. The meeting supported under the Cap-Net EU-ACP project was attended by 25 participants representing 8 Nile countries.
- Regional training course on Conflict Resolution and Negotiation skills for IWRM. November. In collaboration with UNEP, Afridet.
- National Training on the Role of ecological conservation in IWRM. October, Kenya, 26 participants. In collaboration with Country Water Partnership, UNEP, Afridet.
- ToT on Conflict Resolution & Negotiation skills, May, held in Ethiopia at Arbaminch University. There were 38 participants and the course was held in collaboration with the Applied Training project of the NBI and GWP Country Water Partnership.
- National ToT on IWRM Planning at Catchment Level held in Ethiopia at Arbaminch University. There were 20 participants and the course was held in collaboration with the Ethiopia Country Water Partnership.
Action plan 2007-8 (150KB)
Progress Report, June 2007. (720KB)
Groundwater and IWRM. Capacity building issues in the Nile region . Report 1MB.